Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by TruffleShuffle Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 am
Hi, further to my above e-mail, below is a copy of both e-mails I received from this guy;

FIRST E-MAIL;
I can confirm that the vehicle is still for sale and that never been involved in an accident. Nobody smoked in and I never carried pets. Full history and V5 document is present, HPI is clear.
My last price is £ 4100.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on June 17 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

It would be a shame to keep the vehicle in the garage 8 months without being used and I also need some cash before leaving in Mali.

Right now I am located in a small military base in the Isle of Man because our squad do some special training here.
The vehicle is here with me inside of the base garage and in case you decide to buy it I will deliver it to your address anywhere in UK on my expenses.

In case you are still interested to buy the vehicle please write me back since we can deliver the vehicle anywhere in England on my cost.

Thank you for being interested in my vehicle.
David Budds,

SECOND E-MAIL I RECEIVED AFTER ASKING FOR FURTHER INFO ABOUT THE CAMPER;
There is no rust or scratches on my vehicle i promise you that. I change the cambelt 3 months ago.
As I've said in my previous email I am currently located in the Isle of Man in the military base do daily trainings for 2 weeks to get ready to be deployed on mission in Mali . I'm doing a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The delivery will take 2 to 3 days depending on your location and it's not a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like Google Wallet because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their Google Safe Pay Solutions (bank-to-bank wire transfer) for vehicles.

The money will be sent to Google Wallet, before you will receive the vehicle. So, you will deposit the payment directly into the Google Wallet agent's bank account in United Kingdom, either online or at most banks and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until receipt of the vehicle in good condition and will release the funds to us only after you decide to keep the vehicle and you register it, into your name. You will have an inspection period of 10 days. In this time you can check, test and inspect the vehicle. If by any reason (the vehicle has any hidden damages or is not like I describe it) you can reject the deal. In this case Google Wallet will refund you totally and they will deliver the vehicle back.
You can read more about Google Wallet here:
http://wallet-uk-google.co.uk/en/how-it ... #how-works

Let me know your shipping details (your full name, full address and home phone number) so I can open a transaction case with Google Wallet and declare you as buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and delivery.

Regards,
David

The e-mail he used is [email protected] The phone number is listed as 07021515947

Lets hope this guy is caught, very soon!

JonG
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu May 30, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

by Bryon Williams Thu May 30, 2013 3:52 am
^^Thank you so much. The information you supplied it will surely help others avoid being scammed.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
by sharonharrison Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:43 pm
Hi all - do any of you know if you can somehow get the money back?

I transferred £3000 into this so called google account! Stupid I know but I fell for the scam hook line and sinker - I have spoken to my bank and they say because I transferred willingly - I am not covered - yet I would have been if I did it with a card.

Have any of you been able to get your money back - advice greatly appreciated.

Sharon x
by TerranceBoyce Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:42 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners sharonharrison and I'm sorry that you got scammed by this fraudster.

It depends where and how you paid the money but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. If it's been sent by a cash service like Western Union, it's not going to be possible to trace it but, if it's gone to a bank account, there may be something that can be done, even if it's only to get the account shut. If it's one that's been used before, then it might be possible to go further.

I'm compiling a list of accounts reported as being used in fraud previously and I can check to see if it has already been reported.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
by Tazzylouise Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:22 pm
I believed it too. Sent me exactly the same reply about going to Mali. Luckily I googled his name and this forum came up before any money was transferred. I emailed " David" back asking if I could do cash on collection, so be good to see his reply. Can't autotrader remove his advert??? I hope no one else gets scammed and peeps get there money back.
by T4 vw owner Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 pm
[email protected] is using this email and if you google the caravelle spec he has it advertised in many locations on line with different mobile numbers- same images used with many at different prices, even using what appears to be a car dealership brand called Eurobrand 01920 739409/07956 900900 saying based in Herts that's listed for genuine selling price £30,995 which is where it would be at price wise. ( same reg plate in all same images) Another mobile number listed is 07546 790221 and on ebay user ID is nibb4545 and has history of 370 deals!? with 100% positive feedback- that is also listed at a realistic selling price- auto trader not the case £7,300. How can the same van (reg) images be at different prices and different locations???? we're not daft....smells fishy

He replied to my enquiry with same 'letter' as others have got- funnily not replied to my reply asking for more info as he clearly only has 'stock' responses and wasn't keen on a AA check!

Steer clear total scammer and can't imagine why he's still is getting away with it when he's not even clever enough to change his name or this letter he sends everyone! thank god for google and a little research- simple advice is the best- IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THERES A REASON!
Never buy a vehicle without driving it.............
hope my little research helps others not get caught by this git
by RJR Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:47 am
Saw an advert on autotrader... emailed expressing an interest and got this back

He is still at it .... [email protected]

Hi,

I can confirm that the vehicle is still for sale and that never been involved in an accident. Nobody smoked in and I never carried pets. Full history and V5 document is present, HPI is clear.
My last price is £ 4200.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on June 23 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

It would be a shame to keep the vehicle in the garage 8 months without being used and I also need some cash before leaving in Mali.

Right now I am located in a small military base in the Isle of Man because our squad do some special training here.
The vehicle is here with me inside of the base garage.
In case you are still interested to buy the vehicle please write me back since I can deliver the vehicle anywhere in UK on my cost.

David Budds,

Put me off completely and having found this thread seams my gut feeling is right. If it sounds too good to be true it generally is !!!!
by TerranceBoyce Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:02 am
Welcome to Scamwarners RJR.

When you get the overblown biographical detail, with added drama and excitement, located at some far flung corner of the UK (he doesn;t want you trying to view what doesn't exist), it's a dead cert that it's a scam. It even has added humour with the idea that going to Mali on active service means you might require spending money. :=)

Well done to avoid it - unfortunately many don't. If you can't view it - don't buy it.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
by Gary345uk Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 am
Hi all - new here but glad I found this thread as I was nearly sucked into this one today

The latest one is a 2004 MOTORHOME CI RIVERA 171 Diesel 24,000 Miles
same stuff from the same guy claiming he is on the Isle of white and going to Mali end of the month

Please see below email from David Budds

Hi,

My last price is £ 4200.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on June 30 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

In case you are still interested to buy the vehicle please write me back since I can deliver the vehicle anywhere in UK on my cost.

David Budds,

what a shite bag
by TerranceBoyce Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Gary345uk and your delight is shared by us all. It means that what we do is worthwhile, and that somewhere a scammer is choking on his beer as he reads this thread.

He has stuck to his story so long as it's earned him good money in the past, and he'll change it soon that's a certainty, now that it's getting picked up.

If a seller tells you his occupation - raise an eyebrow. If he tells you he's in the north of Scotland or on the Isle of Man or Anglesey - raise two eyebrows.

You don't need to know the seller's occupation and you're normally told it to explain why he can't speak to you on the phone, or let you view the vehicle.

If you can't view it - don't buy it. Didn't the seller consider that he might need to let people view the vehicle ?

by Carlos42 Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:45 pm
Hello folks,

Same just happened to me, received an e-mail from "[email protected]". Identical to the ones detailed above.
I left the RAF last year and couldn't remember any military base on The Isle of Man, so did a google search and found this thread! Thanks! I am pretty sure that you saved me £4500. What do I need to do to report this properly?
I can't believe that the ad is still on Autotrader ?

Thanks again,

Carlos
by Carlos42 Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:56 pm
Not sure if this helps but I asked about the engine before finding this thread. Here is the reply I received:
"The engine size is 1.9 TDI very economical, the mpg is around 42. There is nothing wrong with the enginze, it is immaculate condition.
As I've said in my previous email I am currently located in the Isle of Man in the military base do daily trainings for 2 weeks to get ready to be deployed on mission in Mali . I'm doing a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The delivery will take 2 to 3 days depending on your location and it's not a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like Google Wallet because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their Google Safe Pay Solutions (bank-to-bank wire transfer) for vehicles.

The money will be sent to Google Wallet, before you will receive the vehicle. So, you will deposit the payment directly into the Google Wallet agent's bank account in United Kingdom, either online or at most banks and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until receipt of the vehicle in good condition and will release the funds to us only after you decide to keep the vehicle and you register it, into your name. You will have an inspection period of 10 days. In this time you can check, test and inspect the vehicle. If by any reason (the vehicle has any hidden damages or is not like I describe it) you can reject the deal. In this case Google Wallet will refund you totally and they will deliver the vehicle back.
You can read more about Google Wallet here:

http://wallet-uk-google.co.uk/owa/how-i ... mpl=wallet

Let me know your shipping details (your full name, full address and home phone number) so I can open a transaction case with Google Wallet and declare you as buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and delivery.

Regards,
David"

Thanks again!

Carlos
by TerranceBoyce Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:37 pm
A site killer will be along shortly.

Google don't like impersonators.

Thanks for the heads up.

Domain name:
wallet-uk-google.co.uk

Registrant:
MURTAZA NASIRI

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
72 Clarendon Gardens
Wembley
Wembley
HA9 7LD
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 28-Mar-2013
Expiry date: 28-Mar-2014
Last updated: 28-Mar-2013

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns1.livedns.co.uk 213.171.192.250
ns2.livedns.co.uk 213.171.193.250
ns3.livedns.co.uk 213.171.192.254

by NG1 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:15 pm
And now he's called Robert Turner....email address a convincing: [email protected]...same patter, thankfully I googled the base first, spotted this thread. I was suspicious because most military personnel I know wouldn't reveal details of their base, operational status etc to a complete stranger.... Looking at the date in the format "July 07", I can only assume they may be American...

Hi,

I can confirm that the vehicle is still for sale and that never been involved in an accident. Nobody smoked in and I never carried pets. Full history and V5 document are present, HPI is clear. It got 5 months mot and 5 months road tax.
My last price is £ 2800.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on July 07 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

In case you are still interested to buy the vehicle please write me back since we can deliver the vehicle anywhere in UK on my cost.

Robert Turner,
by Ex Greeny Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:40 pm
I was very nearly caught by this Camper Van Scam today. Since seeing the van on Auto Trader a few days ago, selling for around £10,000 less than other vans of the same make and year, I thought that this was too good to be true. After e-mailing this "Robert Taylor", I received the same replies that other people have had, and when it came to the part about paying by Google Wallet, it seemed rather plausible and safe. Never having heard of Google Wallet, I entered details of a web site that he had mentioned at the end of the e-mail, namely:- http:/wallet-uk-google.co.uk/owa/how-it-works.htm? To my surprise the first site on the list was this site warning of a Camper Van Scam. Seems like he ' shot himself in the foot' adding that to his e-mail. If it wasn't for this site, I would have parted with £3,500.
The photos on Auto Trader show the registration of the vehicle W415 YTP, and also views of the inside, so does the owner of the vehicle know this person? I also had a Vehicle Check carried out, and it stated that the last change of ownership occurred 9/2/2012, could this also be a help in nailing this scam merchant?
Incidentally, the advert for this Motorhome disappeared from Auto Trader this morning.