Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by modestl Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:19 am
These are the account details we sent money too. 202941 - 53719294 please dont send any money. If you have been caught out please private message me the details you sent funds too. Barclays shouldnt be allowing this to happen. If anyone has any emails that you want me to forward to the papers please PM me. I will do anythink in my power to get our money back
Advertisement

by TerranceBoyce Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:18 am
I can confirm that you have quoted a valid account number for

BARCLAYS BANK PLC
BANK BRANCH: (EDGWARE GROUP (2))
CITY: EDGWARE
ADDRESS: 126 STATION ROAD

I'll dig deeper. :wink:

I can't find any online mention of it having been used in money laundering before, which is not to say that it hasn't. Fraudsters and money launderers don't use their account for only one transaction. The benefit of mentioning the details is that any subsequent victim has a substantive argument to pursue with the bank, the FOS and at a political level. Why a bank would want such accounts is beyond comprehension.

If I were you I would still pursue it, purely as a matter of principle, but that's your decision.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
by hdegeus Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:38 am
Can I also make another recommendation on how we can potentially keep an eye on this fraudster!
He appears to be using the same advert titles as this is how I found him again on Autotrader yesterday.

Would it be worth having a list of the exact Advert titles we know he uses so we can simply google it on a regular basis?

Here is the one he used for the Van I was interested in:

2009 VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTE?R 2.5TDI PD 130PS Van Diesel 54,000 Miles.

I have just searched and he/she isn't currently using this title.
by began steele Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 am
Scam Website Domain name: wallet-uk-google.co.uk is taken across to other site for closure.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
by TerranceBoyce Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:08 am
You only have to read this thread to see that he regularly changes the item he's offering for sale, though he appears to stick to camper vans as they've proven to be lucrative for him.

If you go across to 419eater you can learn more effective ways to track and bait scammers. I'd discuss it here but it's not what this forum's about and the disadvantage is that scammers can read what is mentioned in these forums and take steps to avoid being tracked. I frequently use baiting tactics to get more information on scammers, but it's best to learn how to do it safely and correctly.

At the moment I have other priorities but I may switch my attention to this scammer if he continues.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
by TerranceBoyce Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:32 am
Anyone who sees his scam ads, please post links and indicate whether they're suspicious ads or ones for which you've received the scammer's script and are therefore confirmed.

That would be helpful - thanks.

by Ragman Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 pm
Here's the latest:

Swift Sundance 590RL, Autotrader.co.uk

Hi,

I can confirm that the vehicle is still for sale and that never been involved in an accident. Nobody smoked in and I never carried pets. Full history and V5 document are present, HPI is clear.
My last price is £ 3000.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on July 12 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

It would be a shame to keep the vehicle in the garage 8 months without being used and I also need some cash before leaving in Mali.

Right now I am located in a small military base in the Isle of Man because our squad do some special training here.
The vehicle is here with me inside of the base garage.

In case you are still interested to buy the vehicle please write me back since we can deliver the vehicle anywhere in UK on my cost.

Thank you for being interested in my vehicle.
Peter Furness ,

Then it goes on.......

As I've said in my previous email I am currently located in the Isle of Man in the military base do daily trainings for 2 weeks to get ready to be deployed on mission in Mali . I'm doing a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The delivery will take 2 to 3 days depending on your location and it's not a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like Google Wallet because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their Google Safe Pay Solutions (bank-to-bank wire transfer) for vehicles.

The money will be sent to Google Wallet, before you will receive the vehicle. So, you will deposit the payment directly into the Google Wallet agent's bank account in United Kingdom, either online or at most banks and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until receipt of the vehicle in good condition and will release the funds to us only after you decide to keep the vehicle and you register it, into your name. You will have an inspection period of 10 days. In this time you can check, test and inspect the vehicle. If by any reason (the vehicle has any hidden damages or is not like I describe it) you can reject the deal. In this case Google Wallet will refund you totally and they will deliver the vehicle back.
You can read more about Google Wallet here:

http://wallet-uk-google.co.uk/owa/how-i ... mpl=wallet

Let me know your shipping details (your full name, full address and home phone number) so I can open a transaction case with Google Wallet and declare you as buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and delivery.

Regards,
Peter,

Stupid thing is I'm in the Military and know this guy doesn't check out and also the van is still for sale here:

http://www.coastlinecaravans.com/index. ... cts_id=477

They must be stopped!!
by TerranceBoyce Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:33 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Ragman.

Great post and I've sent you a pm.

by began steele Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:36 am

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
by vonpaso xlura Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:17 pm
As of today he is using the address [email protected] to pretend to sell the 2005 VW T5 Camper van, diesel, pop top, California wheels, twin sliding doors. If you get a reply telling you to use an email off the Gumtree site, don't.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
by TerranceBoyce Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:57 pm
Google wallet has nothing to do with purchasing a car from an ad site.

If a private seller mentions it in connection with the sale of a vehicle, he's scamming you.

It isn't even available in the UK.

by TerranceBoyce Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:11 pm
It's becoming apparent that this scammer can pull Barclays 'money mule' accounts out of his hat until the cows come home, not that this hadn't already become apparent. The situation is utterly ridiculous.

by vonpaso xlura Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:50 pm
The licence plate says SL05RFZ, which means it was registered in Scotland, not Man. What's the probability that a Scot is stationed in the Isle of Man, given that he's going to serve military duty in Mali?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
by Labradoodleluva Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:28 pm
I received the following email today in response to an advert enquiry, fortunately I guessed it was a scam.
His email is [email protected]

Hi,

I can confirm that the vehicle is still for sale and that never been involved in an accident. Nobody smoked in and I never carried pets. Full history and V5 document are present, HPI is clear.
My last price is £ 3800.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on July 15 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

It would be a shame to keep the vehicle in the garage 8 months without being used and I also need some cash before leaving in Mali.

Right now I am located in a small military base in the Isle of Man because our squad do some special training here.
The vehicle is here with me inside of the base garage.

In case you are still interested to buy the vehicle please write me back since we can deliver the vehicle anywhere in UK on my cost.

Thank you for being interested in my vehicle.
David Rowlands,
by boney Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:23 pm
Hi, just thought i would register after your site stopped me making a huge mistake, this fraudster is currently using this as bait on vantrader;
£4,500
2008 VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER 2.5TDI PD 130PS Window Van Diesel in Leeds

i received the same "mali" email as labradoodleluva and others after my enquiry.

Thanks for posting about this fraudster, scamwarners may have just saved me all of my savings.

cheers

matt.