Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:43 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners ste515,

Yes, it was a scam attempt. Please post the email address he is using now. This will help others avoid him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

by ste515 Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:44 pm
Further to my last post regarding a Honda CRV the piece of scum attempting this fraud is now using the name Arthur J PULLIN.

As I said his e mails were almost identical to the one's posted here regarding going to Mali for eight months, he sent another today asking me to place the 8K into an Amazon holding account. Very poor grammar in his messages, dodges foreigner I reckon...
by TerranceBoyce Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:49 am
Don't think this is just an individual operating alone. It's a very large organised group operating on many advertising sites selling scam vehicles from cars to boats, horse boxes to tractors. Don't think that you made an unlucky choice. I can't say specifically how much they're turning over, but it's a very large amount of money, and banks can't/won't do anything about it and ad sites won't admit to the problem, so the scammers are getting a free run at victims.

The problem will only become worse unless systems are changed because the scammers are making big money and they'll just push it harder until they've sunk ad sites in to oblivion. What's the point in using an ad site as a seller where your item is undercut by a scammer ? and for a buyer where all the bargains are scams ?

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
by Abusin3053 Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:39 am
Thanks for all the advice, we nearly fell for it!
His use of language was enough to raise concerns. Also the military base issue.
We could believe people like this are out there.
Same letters but name is now Richard Aldredd!!

We hope he gets caught soon or gets a dose!!
by TerranceBoyce Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:18 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Abusin3053 and we're delighted that we helped you avoid losing money.

The fact is that if you find a bargain on a UK ad site the chances are high that it's a scam and they're posting many types of vehicles and goods.

A lot of people are going to get suckered by these people, I regret to say, and no one's doing anything to stop them.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
by Ernie2012 Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:50 pm
Hi guys I've been looking for a t5 and came across this van as it was 4500 I emailed the guy he said its still for sale in iom& he's in the army so I googled army base in iom and link for this came up his email is below.
Hi,

I can confirm that the vehicle is still for sale and that never been involved in an accident. Nobody smoked in and I never carried pets. Full history and V5 document are present, HPI is clear.
My last price is £ 4500.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on July 20 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

It would be a shame to keep the vehicle in the garage 8 months without being used and I also need some cash before leaving in Mali.

Right now I am located in a small military base in the Isle of Man because our squad do some special training here.
The vehicle is here with me inside of the base garage and in case you decide to buy it I will deliver it to your address anywhere in UK on my expenses.

In case you are still interested to buy the vehicle please write me back.

Thank you for being interested in my vehicle.
Richard Alldread ,
by TerranceBoyce Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:01 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Ernie2012.

The fact that his mails never vary probably indicates that he doesn't speak English, which is why he never makes contact by phone. He wants your number just so that he can check you're UK based and not scam baiting him.

There are so many scams on vehicle ad sites that it would be foolish to think of buying anything you haven't seen. Speak to the seller on the phone first, and then make sure he knows you won't buy without seeing the vehicle. That'll see off the majority of scammers, who offer all the best bargains.

by nogin Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:12 pm
This is what we got today

Hi,

I can confirm that the vehicle is still for sale and that never been involved in an accident. Nobody smoked in and I never carried pets. Full history and V5 document are present, HPI is clear.
My last price is £ 8000.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on July 20 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

It would be a shame to keep the vehicle in the garage 8 months without being used and I also need some cash before leaving in Mali.

Right now I am located in a small military base in the Isle of Man because our squad do some special training here.
The vehicle is here with me inside of the base garage and in case you decide to buy it I will deliver it to your address anywhere in UK on my expenses.

Richard Alldread,

[email protected]

Hi,
As I've said in my previous email I am currently located in the Isle of Man in the military base do daily trainings for 2 weeks to get ready to be deployed on mission in Mali . I'm doing a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The delivery will take 2 to 3 days depending on your location and it's not a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like Google Wallet because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their Google Safe Pay Solutions (bank-to-bank wire transfer) for vehicles.

The money will be sent to Google Wallet, before you will receive the vehicle. So, you will deposit the payment directly into the Google Wallet agent's bank account in United Kingdom, either online or at most banks and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until receipt of the vehicle in good condition and will release the funds to us only after you decide to keep the vehicle and you register it, into your name. You will have an inspection period of 10 days. In this time you can check, test and inspect the vehicle. If by any reason (the vehicle has any hidden damages or is not like I describe it) you can reject the deal. In this case Google Wallet will refund you totally and they will deliver the vehicle back.
You can read more about Google Wallet here:
http://wallet-google-ltd.com/uk/how-it- ... #how-works

Let me know your shipping details (your full name, full address and home phone number) so I can open a transaction case with Google Wallet and declare you as buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and delivery.

Regards,
Richard Alldread ,

[email protected]
by theotheralig Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:51 am
Hello,

Richard Alldread <[email protected]> regarding 2004 Swift Suntour 600FB Motorhome Diesel 29,000 Miles. Exactly same letters. Language and improbable and isolated address and google wallet alerted me to likely scam. Ad had been pulled from Autotrader yesterday, I saw it on Saturday.

Here is Google Wallet link posted

http://wallet-google-ltd.com/uk/how-it- ... #how-works

Cheers

A.
by TerranceBoyce Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:13 am
Welcome to Scamwarners theotheralig.

We're delighted to hear you avoided getting scammed - many haven't been so fortunate. :cry:

All information is useful, even when ads have been pulled. The main protection is not to buy anything you haven't seen. There are literally hundreds of scam ads being posted covering all types of vehicles and goods and, if you're looking for a bargain, that's what the scam ads are. So that what you're seeking will lead you straight into the clutches of a scammer.

Anyone going on to an ad site without knowing the risks is swimming with sharks.

by vonpaso xlura Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:06 am
wallet-google-ltd.com went down between 11 and 7 hours ago.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
by ScarletPage Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:26 am
hi i have also just had this response lol
Hi,

5 months MOT and 5 months road tax.
My last price is £ 3000.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on July 22 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

by TerranceBoyce Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:23 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners ScarletPage.

Can you let us know what e-mail he's using, the item he was selling and a link to the ad if it's still live ? It'll help other to avoid him and us to track him.

It's nice to hear that you weren't scammed, but camper vans are only one item from this Gang's portfolio of scam vehicle ads. They cover everything from luxury cars to tractors and construction equipment and lots more besides.

They're now so prolific it'n not that difficult to spot them, and publicising their activity, we hope, will reduce the number of victims.

Insist on seeing the vehicle first. If the seller says no, then walk away. Don't buy what you can't see.

by notthatdum Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Yep he is still at it. email richard [email protected] goes by the name of Richard Alldread.Posted vw camper van o9 plate 2.5tdi for £4400 on autotrader.The listing has now been pulled so expect another one soon!!