Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by Terminator5 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:05 pm
Great piece of work . My own personal experiences with fake book and many other social media sites is that they are not particular eager to eliminate obvious fake / fraud profiles . Keep up the good work .

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

by TerranceBoyce Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:45 am
I nearly lost a Facebook page when warning victims some time back TalkingFlowers.

Do you have a Facebook Page listing these fake Romance Scam pages ?

Though I am currently concentrating specifically on scam vehicle adverts on Autotrader UK I run a rolling thread on Scamwarners here

https://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82849&start=930

… that works well. I mention my thread simply because you could use a similar format in the Romance scam section and, by adding new profiles, it acts as an archive and keeps the thread high in the listings. SW gets posts quickly listed on Google which helps any potential victims to find your warnings. With each post I also have general warnings about the type of scam.

Though I have no direct contact with the ad site on which I look for scams they do react promptly to the reports I submit and I can't help but feel that knowing I will list every fraudulent ad puts 'soft pressure' on them. I'm not looking to have a fight with the ad site and I could be more aggressive but that would be counter-productive.

If you undertake a task like this the only thing you want to achieve is to be effective and you have to design your tactics accordingly.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
by Terminator5 Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:06 pm
It's a sad state of affairs, but its much easier and cheaper to delete one legitimate profile complaining about a dozen or so Fraud Profiles with stolen photos , than it is to properly INVESTIGATE .

Perhaps your very well done post will embarrass them a bit .

It definitely draws attention to a serious problem . Perhaps they may have some legal culpability in the future .
Deleting one profile and keeping 18 fakes that looks like a problem to me . :(

Personally I would do screen captures on all those fakes . Another suggestion is when you notify them of the fake / fraud profiles, do so from a private email address not connected to your FAKEBOOK . And then go ahead and post a copy of that notification email here . Most here have private emails dedicated solely to reporting fakes .

Daniel 8 :25