Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by Michelle Tue May 24, 2016 4:52 am
Subject: David Walton has started a transaction with you

To: Michelle Banks
Reply-To: [email protected]

Dear Michelle ,
Landlord David Walton has started a transaction with you.
We will review all information provided and will send you the Tenancy Agreement within 24 hours.
Thanks,
The Airbnb Team

If you are reading this because you have received a fake invoice - requesting payment directly into a Bank Account - kindly forward it to me at the address in my signature line and I will report them to the appropriate authorities
Advertisement

by Michelle Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:28 am

Subject: AIRBNB TRANSACTION SUPPORT - You have a pending transaction No#:56419419 that needs confirmation!
To:Michelle Banks

This certificate confirms that your landlord has protected your deposit with Airbnb (http://www.airbnb.com) a government

authorized tenancy deposit scheme and complied with the Housing Act 2004 of the United Kingdom Code of Obligations.

DETAILS OF THE PROTECTED DEPOSIT

Certificate number: 56419419

Amount of the deposit that is protected and secured: USD $2,200.00

Property address: 1135 Shelby St, Detroit, MI 48226, United States.

Landlord:

Name: David Walton

Address: Torggata 26, Oslo 0181, Norway.

DEPOSIT DETAILS

Payment must be completed BEFORE June 01, 2016 IN PERSON ONLY, AT YOUR BANK OFFICE LOCATION.

ONLINE TRANSFERS ARE NOT ACCEPTED!

When making the transfer at the comment section, please write the 'REFERENCE' code mentioned above (56164523)

without any other words.

We will not be able to process your payment if you do not follow the instructions aforementioned and will cause

unnecessary delays.

Bank Name: SPAREBANK 1 SMN

Address: Kongensgate 21, 1500 Moss, Norway

Agent Holder Name: Vasile Goncear

IBAN: NO5010803699866

BIC/SWIFT: SPTRNO22

Payment Reference: 56319419
Airbnb has insured your deposit of USD $2,200.00. If you do not sign the tenancy agreement on the viewing

date, Airbnb will reimburse the full amount to your account without charging any fees, within 24 hours.

Once you make the payment, please send us a copy of the receipt from your bank.

If you are reading this because you have received a fake invoice - requesting payment directly into a Bank Account - kindly forward it to me at the address in my signature line and I will report them to the appropriate authorities
by Xiao Bao Bao Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:31 am
I've been doing a deal recently with this David Walton for the past few weeks but haven't sent the money yet. Airbnb apparently wants it by wire as a security deposit but I don't trust it. Its the exact same email addresses on this post, and I think it's a scam.

I can forward the entire conversation I had with the "Airbnb" company and the [email protected]

Is there anyway we can check with the authorities if this guy is legit? Any help appreciated.
by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:35 am
It is a scam.

Stop all contact with all parties.

The scammer is playing all roles.

AirBnb does not act as an Escrow Service.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:39 am
Please post the fake invoice from the fake AirBnb so we can look into that bank account.

Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
by Michelle Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:19 am

You are planning to visit the property located at the following address: 1135 Shelby St, Detroit, MI 48226, United States. We have approved this transaction and we are offering you full protection. We have sent you the instructions that you have to follow so that we can schedule your viewing to the property specified above. Please, download the files attached to this e-mail. Once the deposit is made, you will receive the final date of your viewing.
After the deposit is confirmed by your bank, please send us a copy of the receipt and we will schedule your viewing date.
Thanks,
The Airbnb Team

Deposit protection certificate

This certificate confirms that your landlord has protected your deposit with Airbnb (www.airbnb.com) a government

authorized tenancy deposit scheme and complied with the Housing Act 2004 of the United Kingdom Code of Obligations.

DETAILS OF THE PROTECTED DEPOSIT

Amount of the deposit that is protected and secured: USD $2,200.00

Property address: 1135 Shelby St, Detroit, MI 48226, United States.

Address: Torggata 26, Oslo 0181, Norway.

DEPOSIT DETAILS

Payment must be completed BEFORE June 03, 2016 IN PERSON ONLY, AT YOUR BANK OFFICE LOCATION.

ONLINE TRANSFERS ARE NOT ACCEPTED!

When making the transfer at the comment section, please write the 'REFERENCE' code mentioned above (27164521)

without any other words.

We will not be able to process your payment if you do not follow the instructions aforementioned and will cause

unnecessary delays.

Address: Oslo Akershus, Youngstorget 5, 0181 Oslo , Norway

Agent Holder Name: Bosoanca Laurentiu

IBAN: NO1890012593367

Payment Reference: 27164521

Airbnb has insured your deposit of USD $2,200.00. If you do not sign the tenancy agreement on the viewing

date, Airbnb will reimburse the full amount to your account without charging any fees, within 24 hours.

Once you make the payment, please send us a copy of the receipt from your bank.

by Xiao Bao Bao Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:57 pm
Here's the account they wanted a wire transfer to:

Property address: 3959 8th Ave, San Diego, CA 92103, United States.

Landlord:

Name: David Walton

Address: Topiel 11, 00­350 Warszawa, Poland.

Address: Oslo Akershus, Youngstorget 5, 0181 Oslo , Norway

Agent Holder Name: Bosoanca Laurentiu

IBAN: NO1890012593367

Payment Reference: 20164525

Noted - AJ