Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by Michelle Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:49 am

You're going to Barcelona! Please review your trip details bellow and contact your host I.Anabelle immediately to confirm the payment and details of your arrival.

Your Host
I.Anabelle, [email protected]

Accommodation Address
Stralauer Allee 21, 10245 Berlin, Germany
House Manual
Wireless Password: HGSF52GSFA
House Rules
To be respectful of the accommodation.
Payment
The payment has to be sent by bank transfer to one of our holding accounts.
The host will receive full payment from WIMDU 24 hours after you check in.
Payment details:

BANK NAME: Poste Italiane SpA / BancoPosta
HOLDER ACCOUNT: WIMDU WTB
BANK ADDRESS: Viale Europa, 190, 00144 Roma
IBAN: IT04 G076 0105 1382 2192 9321 933
BIC / SWIFT CODE: BPPIITRRXXX

Note: Please use the exact payment reference, we use this to identify your payment.

The payment must be done within 24 hours after receiving the booking confirmation. Once the payment is sent, email the host a copy of your receipt in order to validate your booking.
Cancellation Policy:
Flexible: Full refund 5 day prior to arrival, except fees.
Security deposit:
WIMDU will only charge the security deposit amount if an issue is reported by the host.
Thanks,
The WIMDU Team
€ 180.00 x 2 Nights
€ 360.00
Cleaning Fee:
€ 40.00
Security Deposit:
€ 400.00

Total: € 800.00
Managing Directors: Arne Kahlke, Sören Kress
Commercial Register Number: 129773 B
VAT Identification Number: DE 276 228 078

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities
Advertisement

by Kais Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:37 am
I've been a victim of the same type of scam. My girlfriend and I have been offered a place in Berlin which doesn't seem to be real. We've been asked to pay via Bank Transfer and it seems we now have lost 890€.

Did you manage to get any refund from Wimdu as it's their reponsibility to have a secure website and prevent any phishing from their payment registration page ?

Thanks,
Kais
by AlanJones Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:43 am
Kais wrote:Did you manage to get any refund from Wimdu as it's their reponsibility to have a secure website and prevent any phishing from their payment registration page ?

Michelle did not lose any money, she knew it is a scam and paid no money. It is posted here for other victims to find and avoid being scammed. And I'm afraid that Wimdu have no responsibility to you as they had no involvement in the scam - the scammer has set up a fake website to pretend to be them and take your deposit.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.