Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by MaconRight Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:35 am
Trying to get a medication for my son for a cheaper price. I was dumb. Paid in bitcoin. Then I received a text:
Fwd /// To whom it may concern
This is Cox from the shipping company www.meridianmailservice.com
We have a parcel which has to be delivered to your address tommorow however we have a problem the authorities need an insurance certificate which you dont have in order to obtain an insurance certificate, you will be required to pay for shipping insurance which is fully 100% refundable after the parcel makes it to your address.
Shipping Insurance covers shipment in indemnity against loss, damage , fire , theft and other Hazards that can prevent the package from been delivered to the beneficiaries address.
In a nutshell until $299 is payed for shipping insurance cover for your parcel then delivery will
Not make it Tommorow to your address. This should be fixed as soon as possible to avoid any delays.
The money gets refunded via cash , the cash will be put in an envelope and handed along side the parcel.

Treat as urgent

Wasn't stupid enough to pay the insurance fee.
Advertisement

by Mike Wilson Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:47 am
Sorry to hear that you area victim of this scam. Your post will help alert others about this fake shipping company.

Please post the telephone number that was used to send you the text message.

Refundable insurance does not exist.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon