Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by chocky005 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:15 pm
Found this site and I think it may be a scam as there are large number of listings about this comany

site: asicsaustraliabuy.com

The company that owns the site is

HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY LTD

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois/?to ... liabuy.com
Advertisement

by began steele Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:57 am
Spam reported.
(Dotti says it isn't and so I :bowdown: to staffies.)
Last edited by began steele on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
by Dotti Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 am
Welcome Chocky,

You are correct - the site shows all the signs a typical Chinese fake merchandise site. In this case, the registration date information is as important as the company name--the site was registered less than a month ago, and was registered for only a year. (Note that the copyright on the site says 2010 to make the site appear older than it is.) This is typical of a fake site. Scammers often don't bother to register a domain for more than a year, because they know that either the domain will be closed or there will be so many reports of fraud out there within a year that the site will no longer bring them new victims anyway. The "copyright" is also written to suggest that it is connected to the Asics shoe company, but it actually leads right back to the site. Again, this is an attempt to add legitimacy to something that isn't legitimate.

I didn't go so far as to attempt to create an order with this site, but it is likely that it only accepts payment methods that leave no recourse for the buyer, such as Western Union.

This is definitely a site to stay away from.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.