Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by HannahsDad Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 am
Metal Scraps Limited AKA Metal Scraps Sourcing at http://www.metal-scraps.co.uk

On their home page they say,
We are a young, dynamic company
Well yes and no.
Later on they say they were formed in 1994, but Companies House says the company was formed on 21st November 2012 and the website was registered on 13th February 2011 for 2 years by CHRISTOPHER GAEL, UK Individual, of 3801 CAMPUS DRIVE, WACO, 76701, United States. Registrar: Gandi.

Bent Harper is both Director and Company Secretary. We'll save him for last!
The company operates from its own 10 acre site in Bradford, West Yorkshire in the UK. Office / Scrap Ground Address: Metal Scrap Limited, Cityway Industrial Area,
Off Square Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD4 8NP.
Well possibly. Royal Mail does not recognise that postcode and someone would need to scout the area but I suspect they have confused themselves with European Metal Recycling Ltd at Planetrees Road, Bradford, BD4 8AE
The company has an annual turnover of USD 35 million, trading worldwide and employing 70 people engaged in all aspects of metal reclamation.
(Surely not so small, see below.)

On their About us page they say,
Metal Scraps Limited was formed in 1994, making the first of several key acquisitions to rapidly grow the company and create a global leader in scraps. The company employs 170 people and operates at Bradford, West Yorkshire
Good heavens, they grew since the home page!
Metal Scraps Limited has achieved sustained organic growth over the past decade, with an average annual compounded sales growth of 35% over the last 8 years and turnover topping £3 billion in the financial year 2008.
Well who’d a thought it, they’ve only been around for a month, never filed accounts and their turnover has just shot up! This is actually a straight steal from an article about EMR Group here:
http://www.benefits-of-recycling.com/eu ... recycling/

Finally Mr Bent Harper PhD, MSc
looks shockingly like Mr Bent Henriksen OBE

Gotcha!

Update: Just found this warning on Scrap Metal Forum
*** SCAM ALERT ***
Postby Norfolk » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:03 pm
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY:
Metal Scraps Sourcing
http://www.metal-scraps.co.uk
COMPLETE SCAMMERS. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY

http://scrapmetalforum.co.uk/phpbb3/vie ... f=14&t=252

and this from EuroTriangle at http://www.worldscrap.com/bbs2.0/viewth ... p?tid=2787
My company wanted to deal with them too, just we stopped in impasse.

Our policy is first to meet the supplier personally, but they had another opinion.
First we got this from them:

We accept visiting and inspection of scraps/goods when we accept your
ICPO (Irrevocable corporate purchase order.)
On business letter head paper stamped and signed, with all details of
Scraps purchasing, including copy of UK council scrap dealer license.
All visitor must provide EPA Certificate / Scrap dealer council
certificate, high visibility jacket, helmet and safety boot.
(Above are mandatory for inspection) we are very concern on all visitor
to the scrap yard from Typical contaminants, like Metals, VOCs,
organics, PCBs, asbestos, oils, hazardous gas and radioactive
materials.

then when they realized that we are relly interested to theirs goods they send us this:

The alternative way is by paying $1000 as prove of fund, via Western
Union Money Transfer.

so we found them like untrustworthy.... we dont know what to think about them...

BTW: the adress what they have is:
Office / Scrap Ground Address:
SCRAP RECYCLING PVT LIMITED
Cityway Industrial Area,
Off Square Street,
Bradford, West Yorkshire,
BD4 8NP, United Kingdom

Now is more then suspicious..

Update 09/01/2013
We are updating our website, sorry for the inconvenience
The Site will be back soon

Advertisement

by HannahsDad Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:34 pm
Metal Scraps Limited at http://www.metal-scraps.co.uk

Well the site has only another month on its current registration but has been updated.
Out goes Brian Willsdeen, Online Clients Manager, to be replaced by Ryan Maxwell, Online Sales Manager, and out goes the group photo which they shared with First Peak Scrap to be replaced by something more diverse. The inconsistencies, the stolen text and the photograph of Dr Bent Harper, (actually Bent Henriksen OBE of Pharma Nord UK Ltd) remain.

Please shout if you recognise yourself in any of these photos – or where they come from!

by Addax Co Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:56 pm
Hi thanks every one i have just gone through this forum Scammwarners which actualy authenticate my
doubt upon these two recycling companies, i have contacted them last year and i was dealing with bryn willsdean, and after exchanging all the information and decide the price i asked him that i want to meet the
team and to see him on the yard but he never came back.............

then i found the first peak recycling but i cant be able to match them with the registration in companies house and their web site was same as was metal source. i doubted and i leave the trading with them.

then last week i start contact with Ryan maxwell and this time The company was actualy registerd with

company house AS METAL SCRAP LTD. on the said address and the website was same as it wAS when they doing as metal source recyling. so i was realy doubtfull and after exchanging the information i ask Ryan to
send me the due delegence and sales contract but failed then just to give him surity i sent him the purchase order on company letter head and just shock to see that he replied with the proforma invoice in the middle of the night 2.25 am that makes me shaky and then i asked him to fix a meeting on the yard or in your office
but still waiting for the reply.... that makes my doubt into the truth that i was doing right keep doubting on these three companies. then i found this forum

thanks God i have been safe because i was about to place an order of 40000 us dollors

thanks God.
by Jillian Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 pm
Welcome here! I'm so happy to hear that the information posted by Hannahsdad was able to save you from being scammed. Thank you for taking the time to post. Please do let us know if you have any questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
by began steele Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:57 pm
we are very concern on all visitor
to the scrap yard from Typical contaminants, like Metals, VOCs,
organics, PCBs, asbestos, oils, hazardous gas and radioactive
materials.

Goodness me they are only "concern" for visitors! With that lot the A E Authoriy would be declaring a 2 mile exclusion zone. The D of E, a bio hazard area. :yikes: I guess they aren't too worried in Nigeria. Those with intelligence will know to whom I refer but Mr African will be bamboozled, and we don't want to give him overmuch assiatance. I guess it's the lead shielding and insulation from inside nuclear reactors that they recycle. Impressive stuff indeed. :bowdown: :=)
Anyway looks to me as if the pictres above show a cardboard recycling firm.
Somehow these Africans just can't quite get it right.
I almost forgot the metals- in a scrapyard! :?
Last edited by began steele on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
by habi Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:30 pm
Addax Co wrote:Hi thanks every one i have just gone through this forum Scammwarners which actualy authenticate my
doubt upon these two recycling companies, i have contacted them last year and i was dealing with bryn willsdean, and after exchanging all the information and decide the price i asked him that i want to meet the
team and to see him on the yard but he never came back.............

then i found the first peak recycling but i cant be able to match them with the registration in companies house and their web site was same as was metal source. i doubted and i leave the trading with them.

then last week i start contact with Ryan maxwell and this time The company was actualy registerd with

company house AS METAL SCRAP LTD. on the said address and the website was same as it wAS when they doing as metal source recyling. so i was realy doubtfull and after exchanging the information i ask Ryan to
send me the due delegence and sales contract but failed then just to give him surity i sent him the purchase order on company letter head and just shock to see that he replied with the proforma invoice in the middle of the night 2.25 am that makes me shaky and then i asked him to fix a meeting on the yard or in your office
but still waiting for the reply.... that makes my doubt into the truth that i was doing right keep doubting on these three companies. then i found this forum

thanks God i have been safe because i was about to place an order of 40000 us dollors

thanks God.

You are right same thing happened with me ..they will never let you visit yard before payment ...Dont know what they are still running