Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by baskan123 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 pm
I found this website on the internet and they claim to sell scrap.
All their explanations, that they are serious bla bla, made me think that something is wrong.
Why do you have to explain that you are not a scammer?
And when I here the word India on scrap metal sites I think twice!

Can anybody help me?
Advertisement

by Mike Wilson Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 pm
hello baskan123 and welcome to Scamwarners,
Do you have any emails from this company?

Some red flags for this site.
Claims to be an international company but no physical address or telephone numbers are listed.
How would you contact them if there was a problem?

The domain was registered for a period of two years with the registrant information hidden with privacy protection. Why would any company try to hide their location?

The listing in the UK companies house shows the accounts are past due.

If you have any additional questions please post them on the forum.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
by baskan123 Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:39 pm
Hello Mike,

No I have no email from them and what you write above - for me - this is a proof that they are scammers hiding behind a nice website.
by Mike Wilson Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:57 am
Contact information for this fake company

KB Export Limited

International Steel Foundries & Re-Rolling Mills

39 Great Windmill Street, London W1D 7LX

Tel: ++ 44 (0) 207 112 8348
Fax: ++ 44 (0)207 112 8318

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
by AlanJones Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:00 am
^^^Central London is well known for its "International Steel Foundries & Re-Rolling Mills".

A sure sign that kb-export.com is a fake site and is just copying the details of a legitimate company.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
by TerranceBoyce Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:44 pm
If it's an imposter of the UK company of the same name, it's made a bad choice of company to impersonate.

This is the real company's official UK Companies House entry which is a public record.

Name & Registered Office:
KB EXPORT LIMITED
39 INTERNATIONAL HOUSE
GREAT WINDMILL STREET
LONDON
W1D 7LX
Company No. 07898236

Date of Incorporation: 05/01/2012

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
46190 - Agents involved in the sale of a variety of goods
Accounting Reference Date: 31/01
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/01/2013 (DORMANT)

From Companies House own explanation of what a 'dormant company' is.

A dormant company must not have any accounting transactions except specific allowable transactions that can be disregarded.

Effectively it cannot trade because it cannot have any accounting entries.

An analogy is to own a car without an engine. It looks good but is non-functioning.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
by DavidJamesUK Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:30 pm
Mod Note: This post was made by the scammer or a member of his group in an attempt to keep his scrap metal scam alive. We have left this post to show that they are making empty threats of legal action hoping the posts that exposed the scam will be removed. MW

Hello

My name is David James and I work for KB Export Ltd in London.

What you sad people are doing are slandering a legitimate company and Mile Wilson was sent emails from James Black, my manager.

Our legal counsel will be contacting Mike Wilson.

Regards

David James
by AlanJones Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:53 pm
^^^The above post has been made by a pathetic little scammer who has finally scraped up the courage after 3 months to post as his scam has been opened up for the world to see. Pity his website seems to have been suspended - probably because the hosts realised it was fraudulent.

His post has been reported to the Admin and they will confirm that it is a scammer and where he is posting from.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.