Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by Retired in BC Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:04 pm
Hi all,

I advertised for a trucking company to ship some goods from AZ to BC. I got a reply from this outfit. http://www.amexcargo.com/econtacts.html Phone call to them sounded shaky, but could just be low rent. Domain and pages have been up since 2005. Building shows up on Google Street View. If anyone has time, please give me your opinion as to whether or not Amexcargo is a scam.

Thanks for any help
Advertisement

by Michael Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:57 am
I've taken a look at this and I think that the company is legit. As you said yourself, the site exists for a while already. I found no connections to scams online using the company's contact data, phone numbers, name,... and I found references to them on other, legit cargo sites. So yes, I think they are real.

That's a bad looking website, though :lol: Which makes me think it's a rather small company, not a 20-truck company. We can't provide any judgement on how good or bad they are, I can only say that it's not a scam, or at least not the kind we usually deal with.

Hope this helps :D

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
by Retired in BC Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:01 pm
Thanks for the help. Not sure I'll use them, but I'll report if I learn anything.
by Retired in BC Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:24 pm
Ended up using Amexcargo. Owner worked hard to get my goods through customs without the endless paperwork that was mandatory according to some other shippers. All went smoothly if a little slow. Paid a little over a dollar a pound from AZ to BC. Might have been too much but it's hard to know. Anyway, for sure Amex is legit. Thanks again for the help and for the forum, which serves a really useful purpose.