Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by yoyododo Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 am
I just received a suspicious email. As I can see the crock used the have a different name ( Maisie Khan) but is using the same phone number:

"This is what I had in mind. I am 58 yrs old,I import crude oil to various country and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so I think is best to have a worthy manager Independent contractor who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them,you will be working 2hr daily excluding weekend. Basic wage is $1200 weekly. As my personal assistant, your activities among others will include: Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office,Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring,Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities. I am presently in Dublin 9, Ireland for a summit. I will be back in two months. My website is currently under construction company name is Makeover Oil & gas, Inc. Hope to meet with you upon my return from Ireland to discuss the possibility of making the position long term. Well, let me know if you can do the Job as I will like you to get started prior to my arrival to Canada.Hope to hear from you soon. Cell # +44-704-203-3441.

Thanks,

James Lauren
"

Hope the above is helpful
Regards
Ed
Advertisement

by vonpaso xlura Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:04 am
This is obviously fake, as shown by the redirect phone number, grammar, and common phrase in this kind of scam, but what's the site?

... ni los estafadores heredarĂ¡n el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
by kerstee2002 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:37 pm
Here is the version i got recently, as in the last week. Wanting to make sure, it the same thing.

First email:

Greetings... Are you still looking for employment? send e-mail to dillbce(at )gmail.com for more details.

Second email:

Thanks for getting back to me. I am Barton by name a 52 yrs old man from Calgary, Alberta,I import crude oil to various country and community service programs,I am proud to be one the largest share holder at Imperial Oil Limited and I am currently working on to execute my private firm. I need assistance or manager Independent contractor who can monitor and keep me up to date with my daily activities within Canada.this is home base position,dough you might need to run around at times, working with me is basically about instructions and following them,you will be working 2 hrs daily excluding Sunday. Salary is 900 bi-weekly. Your activities include: Creating and modifying documents using Microsoft Office,that wont be a problem if you have no idea of using Microsoft office. Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring,Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities. I am presently in Jacksonville, Florida for a summit. I will be back in two months. Well, let me know if you can handle this position as I will like you to get started prior to my arrival to Canada. And kindly highlight your weekly schedule frame in your response so I can have the best time that will allow you to perform this duties without any hindrance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Third email:

Hello,

I really need to find the perfect person for this job and your ability to take up the challenges will be great. As time goes on we should have a relatively sound working relationship. I am mostly on yahoo I.M as I am hard of hearing so we contact each other through yahoo messenger as it is easier for me to convey more information but if there are urgent information to delivered to you and didn't find you online, I will be glad to text or give you a call. My yahoo username is (honeyland4545) So you can add me up to your chat list so we can discuss extensively and will be glad to answer any of your questions. I am happy you are willing to work with me and i promise a good boss ever. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this next week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month. I will Instruct my business associate make a payment to you while you have 10% of money transferred processed,aside from your bi-weekly wage. I have some list to email you once you received the funds. You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out to the orphanage information provided to you by me.

PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DOCUMENTATION;

First Name:
Last Name:
Contact address:
Cell Phone Number:
Current Occupation:
Nationality:

Also sent me an employment contract, with his name, address, and cell number.

Can you please help?
by Dotti Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:42 pm
It was obvious by the 3rd line that the person behind that email is NOT Canadian. The writing tells me that the author is African. The whole scenario and message it is textbook scam.

There is nothing whatsoever legitimate about this "job." It is an attempt to recruit a mule to receive stolen money and convert it to cash or objects for the scammer.

The only thing you have to gain from it is a prison sentence.

Just cut off all contact with this scammer. Don't point him here or tell him what he did wrong--that only helps him to become a better scammer.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
by kerstee2002 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:49 pm
Thank you so much, Dottie. I figured it was, wanted to make sure. I am in Canada and report this on my end as well.