Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
by gutterghoul78 Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:24 pm
this was on job was on craigslist and it seems like i just paid for a background check and now no reply. i got a few e-mails and they were all pretty professional. it's wierd that they came in at 3:30 a.m. i almost don't have time to investigate. i googled and saw some of the same ads in other cities further from eugene, OR. like Jackson, MS? i've seen quite a bit of scam jobs and hopefully this one isn't pulling my leg. its fuckin bullshit people are doing this man. i seriously need employment man! i can't just be throwing $18 around on background checks for fake jobs. can anyone tell me the truth? this is the site. http://www.averite.com/ i have 2 e-mail addresses as well, but one guy is not in the office and has limited internet access so this lady has e-mailed me.

anything helps guys.

just wanted real employment,

george.
Advertisement

by Mike Wilson Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:45 pm
Hello gutterghoul78 and welcome to Scamwarners,

Some major red flags on this site.

The site was registered about 10 days ago for the minimum of one year. This is common in scam sites.

No physical address or telephone number listed on the site.

Claims a copyright of 2005-2014 but was firs registered this year.

Legitimate companies pay for their own background checks so they have control over the process.

Please post the email asking your to send a payment for the background check, be sure to remove your person information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
by Mike Wilson Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 am
The job does not exist and is just another way to steal your money.

www.averite.com appears to be an affiliate site where the sole purpose is to generate traffic to another website. The website www.verifypath.com claims to be a business located in New York but the site was registered from Ottawa, Canada and is hosted on a server in Russia.

I took a moment to look over the application you recently submitted and believe you'd be a promising candidate for our current opening.

Having said that, I'd love to have you come in some time during the next couple days for a formal interview with the hiring manager. We have mostly open availability in regards to interview time scheduling, so please let me know what day and time will be best for you.

Before the interview, we'll need to have a copy of the following documents sent over to our auditing division at [email protected] to be utilized for the department managers consideration.

- Copy of any information or credentials which you want to provide for the hiring managers consideration.
- Copy of a recent background certification (Required for client data handling, if you do not have one currently, I would suggest VerifyPath, https://verifypath.com/verify - who are fairly fast and reasonable based on input some of our new hires have given me.)

If we were to bring you on as part of the team, we'd be filling the required paperwork ASAP. This would include our employment contract, W-4 and enrollment in our employment benefits plan. We'd be looking at going ahead with training the week of Monday, March 10th or Monday, March 17th, in that case.

Please let us know what day and time would work best for an interview, and I will schedule it with the hiring manager.

Thank you for your time!

Kind Regards,

Lauren Botwin
HR Associate
Averite Inc

Typical ad on craigslist for a Customer Support Representative.

HR Contact
Email: r.hartman@ averite .com
Online Application: http:// averite. com/apply

Summary
We are seeking upbeat individuals who are content with spending a large majority of their work shifts providing client service via the phone. We're seeking both part time and full time representatives.

Responsibilities
- Answer phone on behalf of our clients
- Responsible for keeping track customer inquiries in our ticketing system
- Properly direct irate clients to the proper department for assistance
- Assist supervisor as needed during periods of high call volume

Our Company
We're proud to be one of the fastest growing customer support outsourcing agencies locally. We work diligently to assure both our clients and employees are happy with the overall atmosphere at our company, and provide one of the most complete benefits and compensation packages in our field. This position is not a sales position.

Prerequisites
- High School Diploma or GED
- Businesslike & Enthusiastic
- Keen consideration to detail
- Eager to be taught

Compensation & Benefits
- $14.00 hourly
- Health Insurance
- Full Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Training
- Compensated Annual Leave & Sick Pay

Apply
If you think you'd be a good candidate for this position, we would love to hear from you.

Please fill out our application form at http://averite.com/apply or email a brief description of why you'd like to work for us to [email protected]

We're an equal opportunity employer and pride ourselves in giving equal consideration to all candidates.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
by gutterghoul78 Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:00 am
yep, that's it! GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!! at least i'm getting to the bottom of it. thank you very much for your help!
by gutterghoul78 Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:23 pm
now i get telemarketing calls trying to get me to go back to school and one today telling me the government has grants for selected individuals and that i need to go to a western union or wal-mart or direct deposit to pick it up. Asian broken english guy. phone number 000-012-1233. when i called him out that it was a scam and that he wasnt even calling in the U.S. he started telling me to "go fuck yourself you fucker, fuck you" etc and laughed at me. i told him to suck a dick. i am so sick of people and yet in still unemployed looking. the phone calls i get are scams instead of interviews or hires. the Federal Trade Commission hasn't gotten back to me about anything.