Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
Advertisement

by Dotti Fri May 16, 2014 8:40 am
Personally, I love this statement:
The biggest and the worldleading retailer

When you compare it to the domain registration:
Domain Name: COMPUTERSTOCKLOTS.COM
Registrar: REGISTER.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.register.com
Referral URL: http://www.register.com
Name Server: A.NS.INTERLAND.NET
Name Server: B.NS.INTERLAND.NET
Name Server: C.NS.INTERLAND.NET
Updated Date: 29-apr-2014
Creation Date: 29-apr-2014
Expiration Date: 29-apr-2015

So the domain has been registered for 2 1/2 weeks, yet they are a world leader. That is pretty darn impressive! Note also the 1 year registration. This is common with fake sites because they don't expect the site to be around long, and sometimes with sites that may be legitimate, but there is no confidence in them.

Next thing I look at is payment methods...

We have:
-bank transfer, which is not reversible if you don't get what you bought, and which can easily be used to hide the owner's identity.
-moneygram/WU which is completely anonymous and allows no recourse if you are scammed. Also not typically used by legitimate businesses.
-prepaid credit card (in limited situations) again no real recourse.

So basically, they don't take credit cards or paypal, the two forms primary forms of payment that would give you some kind of protection, and only take payments that you have little to no hope of recovering.
Add to that this statement:
We also offer additional payment options for your order. Disregarding how you choose to pay, you should always click the option by bankwire. Below you can see the different options and how to make the payment for every option.
That alone would be a deal-breaker for me.
Looking at phone numbers, the UK number is a cellphone.

I could go further, but those red flags alone are enough to stop any safety-conscious person.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
by AlanJones Fri May 16, 2014 9:01 am
Dotti wrote:Looking at phone numbers, the UK number is a cellphone.

As is the Thai number. The Swedish one is shown as a Landline, but may well be a VoIP number.

The UK address

7 Greenwich View Place
LONDON
E14 9NN

Appears to be a residential property (an apartment).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
by moreforless Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:51 am
I can confirm that computerstocklots is a scam.
Leif Karlsson, as the seller calles him self, has also been selling clothes from thailand under the name Partimax. The prices in this case has not been as low as with the computerparts which made it easier to belive the deal.

The payment was to be made to a Wirat Sawangdee in thailand.
I have made an order but dit not recive any clothes and I have made an police complaint.
Please be aware of any seller that calls him self Leif Karlsson, Wirat Sawangdee, partimax or computerstocklots.
He will probably change the name now but be aware if you see a similar company with a telephonenumber that starts with 021